What I UseEdit
- Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/
- Microsoft Word (Save your files as .doc not .docx) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/
- Archetypewriting http://www.archetypewriting.com/
- Cooltext http://cooltext.com/
- OpenClipArt http://openclipart.org/
- RFClipart http://rfclipart.com/
- Paint http://www.getpaint.net/
I use Microsoft Word to write my books because I can upload .doc files from MS Word directly to Smashwords. When you use Microsoft Word you have to make sure you format the page correctly or it won't upload to Smashwords correctly.
One inch Margins
Double Spaced Text
A single clear 12 point type face
No extra space between paragraphs
Indent first line of every paragraph
Title and Author's Name on Every Page
Includes Copyright page on first page
Save as .doc not .docx
All words on the cover I make with Cooltext, all images are from OpenClipart and RFClipart, and they are edited together by me using Paint.
The cover has mandatory size requirement of 1600 width and a height greater than 2400.
I use archetype writing's idea generators to help me come up with ideas for my science fiction stories when I am looking for inspiration.
Once you are done writing your bookEdit
Check for any formatting errors
Replace all instances of ^t with nothing.